Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Connect with a Camosun Librarian
We're here to help you! In addition to our provincial AskAway chat reference service, Camosun Librarians are available to consult with students and instructors by phone or video conferencing. Use this form to request an individual appointment at a time that suits your schedule. We aim to get back to you within 1-2 business days to confirm your appointment.
There are many ways to access research help at the library
Phone: Call the Lansdowne Research Help desk at 250-370-3622.
Email: Contact your subject librarian, or email email@example.com for answers to your questions.
Chat: Access AskAway, for province-wide online library research help.
Online Guides: Consult our extensive collection of Research Guides for your subject area or course
At the Research Help Desk we ...
- provide information on how to use the library and explain library policies
- help you develop research strategies and plan a search
- help you to find authoritative resources for assignments
- help you find answers to specific reference questions
- guide you to authoritative citation information and examples
- verify if the library has specific resources in its collection
What we do not do:
- interpret, or proof-read class assignments or research papers
- create, proof-read, or edit citations or bibliographies
- provide interpretations of legal, medical, financial or statistical information
In-depth research consultation
Students and instructors can make an appointment to meet the appropriate subject librarian for in-depth research consultation.
- as fellow faculty, Librarians can help instructors integrate research and information literacy skills into course curricula and assignments, develop subject-specific course reading lists, locate resources on a particular topic or difficult to find resources, and customize librarian-built online learning guides.
- Librarians will help students identify reliable sources, formulate search strategies, and develop subject-specific searching techniques
Contact your subject librarian to book a consultation or learn more about how we can collaborate with you.
Not sure which subject librarian to consult?
The Library's Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service allows Camosun faculty and staff to request course related books and journal articles from other libraries.
To request an interlibrary loan:
- fill out an online ILL form; or
- if you are searching a journal or magazine database (such as Academic Search Complete) use the "Request from another library" link and fill out the online request form (the article information should be automatically filled in for you this way); or
- email your request to the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a complete reference and the date after which the item would no longer be useful.
The turnaround time from request to delivery is approximately 3-7 days from BC libraries. You will be notified by phone or email when your item has arrived.
Remember, there are many other libraries in the Greater Victoria area to which Camosun faculty have access. Visiting the local library directly is often faster than using the College's ILL service.
To search the collections outside Victoria: Outlook Online. You can limit your search to A/V material by selecting ELN Media under either the "BC Libraries" or "BC Union Databases" list.